Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Treasures

This week I spent some time at this beautiful historical building (below), The City of San Diego's Administrative Building.  When I got off the elevator on the second floor there was a STUNNING view of the Pacific Ocean just across the street.


Once I finished my business in downtown San Diego I found two new treasures, a store called Klassik which specializes in pre-owned mid-century modern furniture and another store front, Architectural Salvage of San Diego, which had so many things that could be worked into homes of today's designs, especially the beautiful doors. 


I can so see this chair (below) worked into a mid-century living room, I don't even think I would change the very textural upholstery. 


Now take a look at this charmer, the black leather chair (below).  If I were working on a loft right now, that chair may have found a new home.


Across the street from Klassik was this salvage store, take a look at these beautiful doors (below).  I can imagine the door to the far left re-stained and hung in a craftsman bungalow. 


This iron work (below) made my heart sing.


The sign (below) would be perfect in a theater and/or game room . . . do I have any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment