Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ASID Kitcen Tours

This past weekend my very patient husband and I went on the San Diego ASID Kitchen Tour.  I dragged along my camera only to discover pictures were not allowed but I was able to come up with a few exterior sots and also a picture of one of my favorite kitchens from the designers web site.




This (above) was one of my favorite kitchens which was designed by Dawn Harrison, of DIGS Design.  Not only was this a fabulous lay out but believe it or not all of the cabinetry was from Ikea.  Really! The customers had purchased this home from the bank and it needed a complete head-to-toe re-do so to save in the money they used these tasteful cabinets from a box store.  I must also mention the kindness of the designer Dawn, I would not hesitate to use her in my own home. 


One of my other favorite kitchens which we toured was from this (above) lovely home in the Kinsington area of San Diego.  I've looked high and low for pictures of this kitchen with no luck, it was STUNNING!  Spanish in flavor, lacking nothing!  Most of the cabinet drawer fronts were hand carved from a beautiful wood.  If you every get a chance to tour this home on Bedford I would add it to your list. 

Once you enter the front gate of this home you are welcomed by this relaxing patio and fountain. 


The entry "window" before heading into the patio.


This charming bungalow (above) was in Point Loma and I could have moved in today.  Unfortunately, once again there were no pictures allowed.  Although most of the other kitchens we toured were much larger and much more elaborate, this one had just said HOME.  It has white cabinetry, Cesar stone counters and large windows, all of which are a big hit with me. 

When the tour comes around in your area make a point of trying to put it on your calendar.  It was completely worth the $25.00 per person fee which included a tour of 14 kitchens.  My only suggestion would be to get an early start as we missed a couple of homes as we ran out of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment