Sunday, December 4, 2011

Colors From the Spice Cabinet

Need to perk up your palette?  Take a peak in the pantry.  From saffron yellow and paprika red to nutmeg and cinnamon browns, inspiration is hiding right in the spice jars. 


TURMERIC - yellows and lush textures radiate luxury in this bedroom suite.  This is a nice change from the monochromatic colors used in many sleeping hideaways. 


NUTMEG AND PAPRIKA - make this powder room fresh all over again.  The stripes and lines of the grass wallpaper bring texture and depth into a usually small space.


FENNEL - I tend to fall back on paint as my starting point for color but this fennel-green wallpaper, which would be right at home in both a modern and a vintage style home, are equally perfect for building a palette. 


CINNAMON STICK - This table decor reminds me of a giant cinnamon stick.  Put a cup of something warm in my hand, a book in my lap and a dog at my feet, and I'd be ready for the chilliest of winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment